Saturday, June 5, 2021

regret of life lived

In my world I am king but after I've had everything
There'd still be a desire to taste all I've come to believe
To embrace the creator  programmer of my circuitry
The creator of the material world, and all eternity
He calls my name with grace and I'll ask for mercy
In this magnificent place, I meet nature's illustrator
All the planets, my own earth made with a thought
With his imagination as the ultimate blueprint
My own was a legacy I wagered against my nature
Lusting for things unhealthy, rather than the good
All the unworthy things, about my life proof
I chose my specific path and despite his benevolence
He is forgiving and loving and made this universe
Epic wonders found deep inside his artistic mind
My own mind and imagination is far less chaste
I am fallen, I made nothing, and I sought pleasure
Left only a glimpse of what I could have known
I see before me and still feel epic I regret
Mercy is my life's only hope