Monday, June 28, 2021

By The Creator's Hand

Above the world I hover, it is my creation
Then I stopped the floods with just a look
For I changed the path by whim of thought
Earth spins and never stops, by my own will
I remember all, even as you humans use books
Perfect blue orb of my design, finely wrought
The depth of the oceans, unfathomed, still
Modernity offers humanity a means to an end
Future's path when science becomes a dogma
But there is nothing the humans might ever do
Disasters and catastrophes are messages sent
Humans bleed with a technological stigmata
The deep offers solace, and a chance to renew


“If your daily life seems poor, do not blame it; blame yourself, tell yourself that you are not poet
enough to call forth its riches; for to the creator there is no poverty and no poor indifferent place.”

Rainer Maria Rilke