Thursday, June 3, 2021

Deep inside the skin

The beat and beating goes on and on
As the pain continues into the night
My brain can't stop remembering
It keeps playing, keeps repeating
As I would do any single thing
To never do those sort of things
And never relive the act or drama
That I never wanted to have lived
In the first place, it left deep trauma
The wounds remain, I'm bleeding still
From the self inflicted hate
It has caused me to lose my way
And as I fade into the day
My energy ever wanes
I am living sin, a stain,
I am so utterly ashamed
I wish for you to unremember
All I did to dirty the name
There is a beast who lives within
This fragile dirty skin
Regret is an ugly look
But one I'll have to accept
Alongside of all my regrets
Along all of my unforgiven sin
I am unworthy of life given
And hollowed by the pain