Saturday, June 19, 2021

Black Hole of Misery

I watched during Genesis
When the world majestically began
I saw humans grow sentient
Slowly rising from the violence
Growing a mind, equal to its strength
And then exceeding that, cleverly
They stared out at the stars and sky
And found a fascinating mystery
Never losing their curiosity
I waited throughout human culture
For these humans to learn and grow
And they did rise above all expectations
And they saw themselves as wise
And they discovered certain truths
Certain ideas seen as evidence and proof
That their species an accident
Or a collision of forces
Gracelessly, spontaneously
And then shortly thereafter
They learned of ideas of great power
Ideas that existed but were too dangerous
For humans were not wise enough yet
And perhaps never would be
But they would in fact use them
Watching this I gave in to despair
My heart is now a black hole of misery
With a soul emptied of compassion
I've watched humans devolve from the heights
And became the willing slave to carnality
  Their broken souls and form turned cold
I'd hoped to see their seed bear flower
I longed to see their legacy
But their minds suffers insanity
Flesh endures constant punishment
And there is nothing inside the body
The flesh will be bent, broken, spent
And sorrow will be their great failing
  For selfish hearts earn a penalty
And the acts of the flesh limit them
Some welcome their form's morbidity
Not immortal, the form is temporary
They ignore advice of the wise people
As I watch I know the end will come
It will be experienced bitterly
They will wish to be somewhere else
When the end of things happens
But this is the world they've earned
And nothing more can be learned
Of this great experiment