Thursday, June 24, 2021

Let me sleep, and I'll dream of you

When these eyes locked
My gaze would ever be cast
In your direction, focused
My life has found value
In seconds passing in haste
Upon a wall clock
Every minute felt like the last
In your presence each moment
Alive
I emerge from the shadows
Longing for another taste
Your beauty is obvious
My mind is oblivious
Each minute away is torture
Every second spent away
Invites Morpheus
So I can sleep
And we can join together
At least I can be with you
As I dream
We can stay here forever
In such depth
No one will ever find us
A place of such beauty
Such joy and infinite justice
Seconds pass
In this place may forever last
In a lotus induced slumber
Where no others may touch us
As we join, again and again
Anew, renewed
Deep in the arms of sleep
There we walk upon the beach
Of an endless expanse of ocean
There we hold hands and believe
All that can happen beyond the horizon
This is the world we long for
This is the place we seek
Let us find it now and there rest
For there are a world of tomorrows
Beneath the veil of reality



“It is by no means an irrational fancy that, in a future existence, we shall look upon what we think our present existence, as a dream.”   Edgar Allan Poe