Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Decisions

She didn't care, she didn't want to ask again
The situation was painful, her future unclear
Knowing that there was no hope on the horizon
Oh, anything was better than all that was near
The truth, she didn't want what she couldn't have
Aching in pain, just wanting a love that was real
She would be ready if or when the moment began
Even if it now felt surreal, knowing her choices
She accepted the truth, life was not guaranteed
But she said I'll love you even if you don't respond
Love me or not, I've refused to lie or to pretend
I am in love, so there's nothing else I can do
I want to only be with you, and that is truth
So she said I am preparing for a future dark
With only my feelings inside providing proof
Your turn to decide, and the decision is yours
I've already made my move, and spoke the truth
It is your move, and whatever move you take
I don't live with the regret of choices desired
But by the words and the moves never made