Welcome


I am a poet who has both been published and self published. All work on this blog is all copyright Alex Ness. While I make very little money from my work I am technically a professional. Measuring by the hours I've written I am professional. My goal is to share my work with as many people that can read it, as far as the internet may reach with it. I hope if you are moved you will share this blog with others, and perhaps buy my books.

Whatever the result, thank you for viewing this blog. I cannot express how greatly I appreciate the many people, from many places upon the earth, who have visited.

I bid you peace.

Je ne regrette pas la douleur, car il m'a fait plus forte

copyright notice

copyright notice

Saturday, November 5, 2016

Two Tribes






















Glimpses trapped in memory
The drums can still be heard
The echoes are timed
To the beat
Every march and step
Onward
To defeat
The enemy
So far unbeaten
Their transgressions unchecked
The villages are endangered
The horns are calling
To call the tribes
To battle
Into conflict both sides meet
The slaughter is bountiful
The loss of life is completed
The sides retreat
A confluence of blood remains
The corpses are unaccountable
For the mess left behind
The clash solved the issue
That now no one
Remembers well
Carrion scattered
Like lives shattered
With the next generation
Living  in hell