Tuesday, March 1, 2016

As the world spills over I remain

God I ask
How can we still not see
How can we still not see the need
For redemption
Catastrophes and disasters
Wars and degradation
Hatred and fires
Sorrow poured out
Yes, upon the innocent
And no one offers a hand
Decay and starvation
Avoidance and delay
Is there no one
To speak for the orphan
For the widow
For those desolate
For the truly desperate
If we truly believe
How do we not see
High above the world
I look below
And see the people of the land
So wounded
They cry,
We starve
We sorrow
We need
Each and every one of us
Where is the justice
Where is salvation
How can we live
In the shadow of damnation
My heart breaks for the broken
My prayers go out for the hopes unspoken
Of the souls who suffer
Waiting for the soul cleansing rain
And I remain
We children live upon the earth
Never offered to be hidden
Hidden from the curse
Only how to take
Every inch of sorrow
So now
In the face of sin
Bearing abject wickedness
And the brutal pain
The injustice is temporary
The curse will not last
I raise my voice
Stand and shout
I will stand
And still remain