Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Love Suspect Line Up

"Heart, my heart, so battered with misfortune far beyond your strength,
up, and face the men who hate us. Bare your chest to the assault
of the enemy, and fight them off. Stand fast among the beamlike spears.
Give no ground; and if you beat them, do not brag in open show,
nor, if they beat you, run home and lie down on your bed and cry.
 

Keep some measure in the joy you take in luck, and the degree you 
give way to sorrow. All our life is up-and-down like this."   Greek Poet Archilochus

"Please enter the line safely.   Walk single file.  No running.  No cutting in line.  No pushing.  Please keep talking to a low voice.  Should you need to use the facilities they are in the basement.  Wash your hands when done.  Each passenger car can hold three people.  The passenger car only holds the people who are in the heart  Of the large bald man's wife."

The Management

The line to get in was long
And once I was in
It wasn't the single seating I expected
Of course I am not complaining
I just wasn't ready
I didn't understand
Why it happened
The way it did
I never saw you smile with me
Like you smiled with him
Never heard you laugh
Around me
Like you did
With him
So don't tell me
You love me the most
I know the truth and I am ok
Your father comes first
Your baby boy too
But I never knew
Being a husband
Would mean
Coming in third
In a wife's heart -
Even in your dreams
I can live with all of that
I can, because
In between the quick hurt
And momentary jealousy
I wanted you to be happy
And loved
So love who you do
However you are made
Because somewhere deep inside
It makes you whole
And if you are that way
If you are happy and complete
I am too
And satisfied
But I do want to say
I come in third
You come in first
And I was led to believe
Something entirely
Completely different
Despite my being happy
That you are whole
Confusion sets in
I'd never begin again
So this is not a complaint
It is simply saying
Where I am
Wherever that is








Whatever makes my partner feel loved, and is healthy, I must accept, because it is good.  If I feel jealous it is me, not her, who is the one who is in error.  So I need to adjust.  And for that, for getting it wrong or misunderstanding things in the past, I am sorry.

Proverbs 27: 16-18:  …16  He who would restrain her restrains the wind, And grasps oil with his right hand. 17  Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another. 18  He who tends the fig tree will eat its fruit, And he who cares for his master will be honored.…