Thursday, January 31, 2019

Pestilence

An old man in military fatigues
Was smelling of urine, vomit and shit
Approached me pushing a grocery cart
Saying I've not slept indoors in days
Offered a dollar or two and shook his hand
He said Life broke me, robbed my beliefs
Even if I disturb others, I'm no hypocrite
I'm not crazy, even if I've fallen apart
Used to have family, but now they're ashamed
No use lying, I know you'll understand
For every moment he spoke
I was aware of the oncoming storm
From the clouds came three horsemen and a horse
He climbed aboard the horse without a rider
And he spoke clearly
I am called Pestilence
I ride with War, Famine, and Death
But any of us could be delayed
If only anyone cared
If only some feared my name
I am Pestilence
The toxic spread
The malaise
We are dying
We are the dead
There is nothing left
Pestilence is with us now
We will never pass the test