Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Je Suis Fini?

Je suis fini.
Over time this blog went from being work for me, to being release.  It went from my effort to be heard, to being a site where you can find my work, regardless of whether I am alive, dead, asleep, due to the ability to schedule blog entries a great deal ahead of time.  This blog is an object of my love, and rarely anything other than that.  I love writing poetry, and I am aware that not everyone thinks I write well.  It isn't my job to convince anyone, other than by my writing.

“Never regret thy fall, O Icarus of the fearless flight. For the greatest tragedy of them all. Is never to feel the burning light.” ― Oscar Wilde.

Not everyone agrees with my views, and, perhaps oddly in your view, I believe that is a good thing.  I do not write to convince.  I write to express.  I do not hold your personal ethics and morality to count against my effort to reveal truths.  And those truths, I believe, cannot be expressed in political terms.  And this world is divided, deeply, along political lines.

“The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.” Dante Alighieri

I do not agree that maintaining neutrality means I am evil. It does not mean I am complicit or that I condone the evil. It means for me that I refuse to participate in the false offering of choices by the forces who control the system.  I vote only when it is a positive vote, I never vote against people. My concept of life is not political.  It is religious. I'd suggest "spiritual" and I believe that too, but, it isn't properly descriptive.  I choose to vote, to speak on the basis of a worldview and paradigm that rejects the likelihood of good human leadership. I see human politics as a push for, and a claim of power.  And once government has taken your small ability to choose, and begins making all of your choices, what have you to hold upon? Your Senator or Congressperson do not hold your best interests at heart. They truly do not. Someone called me cynical for that view. and I truly disagree.  I call myself a Monarchist, but not for any earthly kings or leaders.

I won't be regularly continuing to add more poems here.  Once in a while perhaps, but, my aim was to establish myself for the internet world. And it has succeeded there.

I give thanks here to many people. Some for their positive impact upon my life, let alone my poetic life. Some for their negative lessons they taught me, through their acts, words, or attempts to shame me for my honesty.

“No matter how much time passes, no matter what takes place in the interim, there are some things we can never assign to oblivion, memories we can never rub away.”  Haruki Murakami

Being a Christian I did use Christian themes in my work, but my effort was usually differently aimed.  I tried to create words that helped people mentally, spiritually, or emotionally understand themselves and the world around them.
  
“What is hell? Hell is oneself.
Hell is alone, the other figures in it
Merely projections. There is nothing to escape from
And nothing to escape to. One is always alone.”  T.S. Eliot 


I have had people say I saved their life, and while I don't actually think that that is directly true, I am nonetheless moved that people think that.  I've had people say that I was making love to all of the women who read my works that are romantic.  I don't think that that is at all true.  While I've allowed myself muses, I have not, truly, used my work to woo anyone.  I wrote about things that move me, and occasionally love, lust, hope, and simple appreciation of beauty move me more that day or night,  than the rest of my possible subjects.

“Maybe this world is another planet’s hell.” Aldous Huxley

I have had many people support my work, financially, spiritually, and otherwise.  And if you read my work and like it, and share it, or buy a book, or anything of the sort, thank you.  I am in your debt.  You are in my high esteem.