Tuesday, January 15, 2019

one who kept searching

Wondering my purpose
I understood words could be swords
Still
I never knew how to make them mesh
I could vogue about
Like Morrissey crying out
I could scream the lyrics
Like a metal god
Or like some emo prince
And be all mumble and pout
I could offer wisdom and act like I know it
Yet if I'd learned about my fire inside
Earlier
I'd never have been found by her
Most girls always preferred my normal friends
Even if they were a poor fit
Calling me cute but an intense kind of poet
Hard to love
Other than lust
My passions burned inside and out
Leading me to having
The most intense doubts
Of my own being
Of my own words
Then I found one
She didn't find me sexy
Nor did she think I was too intense
She unwrapped my heart
Layer by layer
Until it was fully exposed
Leaving only the mind
That she found an enigma
Worth pursuing
And a life she would share
Trying to know every aspect
And hope not to die
Before the ultimate revelations
She let me reach out
But didn't let go
After more than 30 years of searching
Almost 11000 days
She is still searching
And I continue to confound her efforts