Thursday, January 3, 2019

Only to accept

There is nothing to believe
Only to accept
For we are ghosts to this existence
Our presence is neither real
Nor can it be proven
We are seated upon a throne
Between the temporal and the eternal
Where our flesh passed
Before we could accomplish
All that we desired to do
What matters the truth
What matters our fame
What are we, oh God
What do we request
What do we receive
The serpents hiss
Out our lies piss
For the clock is a lie
Seconds pass through
The hourglass knows
How very odd
This desire to exist forever is
I long to taste of your majesty
And I am aware, I am
This ineffable agony
This abject grace
I cannot express
Nor resist
Your face is beautiful
Yet
Without definition
I am nude to your eye, unclad
And you are eternal, exquisite
Irresistible
Please be merciful
I am simply
A thought
Someone once had