Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Hello younger me

Sands slipping through
Closed fingers can't prevent the loss
Time escapes
And our flesh pays the cost
The future never lasts
Despite wisdom growing
We blow by the past
As if it will go on forever
Never mindful of the moment
We hold the seconds in our hand
As they sift through our fingers
The silver cord soon enough severed
The fates require payment
And lingering in the torment
Of a time never returned
We torture ourselves with questions
And the answers burn like cancer
Hello me of the days gone by
Tears fall as I watch the innocent dancer
Free from the troubles we acquire
Free from the ever present desires
Hello me, don't stop dancing
Never give up your smile
But you will
I know
But never stop asking
It is in the stasis of nothing
That we age
And die