Friday, July 24, 2015

Gratitude for being Rescued



“I have drunken deep of joy,
And I will taste no other wine tonight.”
 Percy Bysshe Shelley












In the darkness I was alone
And then you found me
I lingered in the pain
Of life
And then you saved me
I worried that I would fall
And you lifted me
Echoes of my grieving
Existence had hurt me
I was wounded
But no longer
I might tremble in the night
I still scream
During dreams
Nightmares linger
Still but
Fear doesn't rule my life
Because you give me hope
You give me the strength
To survive
Your love gives me more
Than the pain takes away
The days are endurable
And the nights I survive
Because with you I have
More truth to fight the lies
As a child I believed
I'd be alone
I would always despair 
I needed you
Never thought you'd appear
A needle in the haystack
Confusion suddenly cleared
I would never have been able
To rise above without you
By my side
I love you
Only you
You are the reason
I go on
And that I am alive




1 Corinthians 13:1-13 

"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; ... "