Thursday, July 2, 2015

Doom Machine

When you know that they are creating life
In petri dish and test tubes in the laboratory
Giving you jobs that kill you without dying
Know that you are just here to give your time
You aren't allowed a dream, no theme of glory
Only if you escape the fate, they call denying
We are growing to realize that we have more
That this life means something deep to the core
But I'll never find out, if I am killed in the gears
Know my grandchildren will understand my tears
There is no meaning if we live for the doom machine
I've been out of line, calling others to simply dream
Let the judgment committee convene
I am guilty, and refuse to apologize
We spend our existence longing to sleep
And wear a blank stare as our disguise
We will overcome
Oh Lord I pray
Let your will be done