Friday, May 29, 2015

Update about things non-poetic and otherwise

Oscar Wilde — 
"Never regret thy fall,
O Icarus of the fearless flight
For the greatest tragedy of them all 
Is never to feel the burning light."

Hello again.  I am sorry for this text piece, I have a lot going on but I've received a fair number of inquiries so I thought I should respond.  Some people reading my work might wonder if I've gone through a new moral awakening.  I know a few people have actually asked...  The answer is no.  I just went through a period of dealing with people I consider to be highly even hyper judgmental and I no longer care what they think.  Also, I went through a period of introspection and left it believing that I should not hide my religious/spiritual view out of fear for some ugly spewing anus out there who thinks they have a cause to protest regarding my personal views.   So my work is unhindered by my fears of their commentary.

Some have asked if my cancer has returned.  That is, they perceive or believe that my new found return to religion is out of fear of death and a new love of God.  No, it has not returned.  I do have some health issues that are very hard to deal with, and, I am dealing with them as best I can.  They are not cancer.  I do not live with the fear of cancer, I should say.  Also, I do not fear death.  Death is a very permanent thing, I am not suggesting anyone shouldn't respect it, but,  I am content, I have a clear conscience despite my flaws, and anyone who needs an apology from me either has received it, or is dead.  I do not live with regrets.

Landscape with the Fall of Icarus --William Carlos Williams excerpt
'a splash quite unnoticed 
this was Icarus drowning'

I am exhausted.  I am in pain.  I've endured the criticism from friends who were never friends.  I've endured the commentary of hate from people who have ugly souls, and the ugly expanded outward to their outer being.  Life is not an easy thing, and everyone, no matter what they do, everyone has to endure those who attack for no reason.  So just remember, assholes have a purpose in life.  On our bodies the purpose is to vent gas and release poop.  In our social life the asshole functions to remind us that ugly people exist.

“To be beautiful, handsome, means that you possess a power which makes all smile upon and welcome you; that everybody is impressed in your favor and inclined to be of your opinion; that you have only to pass through a street or to show yourself at a balcony to make friends and to win mistresses from among those who look upon you. What a splendid, what a magnificent gift is that which spares you the need to be amiable in order to be loved, which relieves you of the need of being clever and ready to serve, which you must be if ugly, and enables you to dispense with the innumerable moral qualities which you must possess in order to make up for the lack of personal beauty.”  
 Theophile Gautier --- Mademoiselle de Maupin 



I can be reached at Alexanderness63 @ Gmail.com via email.
I am on Twitter
I have a facebook page.
My Amazon Page--->  AMAZON
Modern Day Cargo Cult
Catastrophic Memories
Poplitiko
The Fifth Line


The images and Icarus quotes I used are for the fact that I believe that you can get overwhelmed by the attention to hubris in life, or do what is real.  Not everyone wants real.  A person I know voted simply, he found out what his friends thought, and voted like them.  Another person came out of a film, told me he liked it.  A week later after he'd read the reviews and all his friendship group hated that same movie he said he  hated it, and had never ever said he liked it.  Be yourself, find your true nature and revel in it.  Be Icarus.  Fly high, take a chance.  The worst that can happen is that you might crash.  And if you do, you will still have died better than every single person who watched and shook their heads in disbelief.