Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Run like Prey in the Hunt!

















That look in your eyes
You realize it
That vacant stare
Nothing but fear
You cannot disguise it
Never stop running
Not even to catch a breath
When you look
Over your shoulder
Don't bother to think
Stop worrying about the past
When your head lifts back
Catch a scent upon the wind





















You wonder is it the Wild Hunt
Is it finally here for you?
After all this time
Has it finally found
Where you've run to?
You reconcile your fear
Telling yourself
I've been hunter
I've been prey
And I've run
Far from the hunt
Far from danger











But the Master of the Hunt
Tells his children
I have been salvation
I have been answered prayer
I am the Huntsman
The entire world is my lair
When I call your name
It does not matter at all
Who you are,
Or should you possess fame
I am the Huntmaster
That is true
But the Wild Hunt itself
Is the master
No matter how fleet
How agile, how lithe
How graceful
This prey might flee
The hunt will end
When the prey
Ends the race
By death
Its life renews
For its life
Begins again
And then
The hunt begins
Anew

















"If one bird foraging in a flock on the ground suddenly takes off, all other birds will take off immediately after, before they even know what's going on. The one who stays behind may be prey."
 

Frans de Waal