Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Cast into the darkness

I was broken and dark
My fears were out of control
Life was an intoxicant
Leaving me with only flesh
Drained of strength
When you found me
I had been crushed
Laid in the shadows
Labeled as trash
You discovered that
One such as I
Cannot be allowed
To survive
In this modern era
Taking me home
You recreated me
Guided your hands
To sculpt my form
With expertise you wove
Every inch of my being
You healed me
Filled my lungs
With new breath
Nullified the consequences
Of a life abandoned
And hope destroyed
By your elegant skills
Magnificent mind
Exquisite perfection
You helped me
Avert the catastrophe
You were as my oxygen
You fed me your soul
I drank from the well
Your spirit made me whole
And I still
Desire to know more
My hands now
Can touch
Can feel
Can move
And I am flooded
With clues
As to my origins
Who am I?
Yours truly
Very much