Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Foolish Dreams and Fade

Told to pay attention, truly I've done so
With knowledge of the world around me
But it hasn't enhanced my life experience
Truth has grieved me, deeply, completely
My flesh now fades, breaking, decaying
Forced to watch as earth is made to burn
Providing the evidence of my concerns
Then the city falls, crashing into the sea
In that moment of loss, takes with it reality
We've lived in this way for too long, we cry
By our hand, we've followed, and scream
Our foolish dreams have been hollowed
We've forced ourselves by our failures
To end this life here, to commit suicide
So know this we've arrived in Oblivion
It was by our hand that we paved the way
We stand here for our choices and actions
We were fulfilled by vulgar sterile dreams
After we were given a magnificent palace
We destroyed it with our selfish schemes

Art by Jean Delville all © to his estate