Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Resist the new order

Whether it is systematic murder
Race riots or disaster, wild weather
A war, or secret invasion
We might well face a situation
Without warning, an event occurs
As government senses weakness
Tries to create a new world order
One based upon their ideal
Sends troops against the people
By such begins a new war
Against the individual
Against the former state
If we hesitate for a moment
Everything we know as normal
Will be taken from us
Along with every choice
How we react to the new world
All that we can even see
It'll determine the freedoms
For all people
Into the future
I am not a leader but I can say
I'll promise that I will be defiant
Opposing the demand of obedience
Even should it lead to my destruction

“Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- 
more than ruin, more even than death.”  Bertrand Russell