Welcome


I am a poet who has both been published and self published. All work on this blog is all copyright Alex Ness. While I make very little money from my work I am technically a professional. Measuring by the hours I've written I am professional. My goal is to share my work with as many people that can read it, as far as the internet may reach with it. I hope if you are moved you will share this blog with others, and perhaps buy my books.

Whatever the result, thank you for viewing this blog. I cannot express how greatly I appreciate the many people, from many places upon the earth, who have visited.

I bid you peace.

Je ne regrette pas la douleur, car il m'a fait plus forte

copyright notice

copyright notice

Thursday, October 6, 2016

trying

you tried
to cover me
with your soul's cloak
to keep me warm
from the darkness
that smothers me
with such fears inside
I remained in recovery
from when you tried to warn
the queen mother
controlled my mind
knew every move
heart broken
upon the discovery
And since then
I have begun to crawl
trying to prove
I am alive
but it just hurts
to know
the fears inside
were breaking me
controlling my life
driving me
to die
instead of living
hating
instead of forgiving