Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Sleep forever

In the nethers I ride
Without fear or desire to flee
I am master there
How I love my slumber
My dreams are happier by far
Than the life I've lived in waking
My life is reverse of my preference
I'd rather live in a dream
Than a waking nightmare
Better to remain asleep
Than face more pain
In sleep I am desired
In waking I have no lover
There is nothing I cannot do
Asleep
There is nothing I can do
Awake
In the light of day
There is no wonder
No joy, no hope
I surrender to Morpheus
May I sleep in his arms
For as long as I breathe
And let me ask
Just one more thing
Let me never wake
Again
Awake my heart is asunder
My waking day refuses to comfort me
There is nothing but now
And dreams flee quickly
When I see morning come

“Heaven did not seem to be my home; and I broke my heart with weeping to come back to earth; and the angels were so angry that they flung me out into the middle of the heath on the top of Wuthering Heights; where I woke sobbing for joy.”   Emily Brontë