Welcome


I am a poet who has both been published and self published. All work on this blog is all copyright Alex Ness. While I make very little money from my work I am technically a professional. Measuring by the hours I've written I am professional. My goal is to share my work with as many people that can read it, as far as the internet may reach with it. I hope if you are moved you will share this blog with others, and perhaps buy my books.

Whatever the result, thank you for viewing this blog. I cannot express how greatly I appreciate the many people, from many places upon the earth, who have visited.

I bid you peace.

Je ne regrette pas la douleur, car il m'a fait plus forte

copyright notice

copyright notice

Monday, July 11, 2016

Sleeping without rest

The cell of my prison
Is an isolation chamber
Others call it my bedroom
My bed is no comfort
I am unable to sleep
My misery is wrought
For it is there
Demons are in my thoughts
Chasing me in my mind
I've tried to sleep but cannot
I lust for so much
Which I dare not
Desire for things, if received
Would cause me to die
I cannot bear this torture
Every night
I lose as I enter
The arena of the fight
My mind needs quiet
But cannot find it here
My days are long
My brain is tired
Filled with fear
I need silence
To sleep
But it isn't coming to me
I run from the demons
As they follow
Screaming does not help
No one comes to save me
As my soul pales
Turns hollow
And I slip
From view


The nightgaunts haunt
And the demons chase me
I see flying beasts rising
Oblivion come
Demons do not slow
In these Dream-Lands
I will be dying
And in the waking
I will not rise
But instead
When they arrive here
My soul will flee
And I will turn pale
Hollow
And disappear
Flesh turning to dust