Welcome


I am a poet who has both been published and self published. All work on this blog is all copyright Alex Ness. While I make very little money from my work I am technically a professional. Measuring by the hours I've written I am professional. My goal is to share my work with as many people that can read it, as far as the internet may reach with it. I hope if you are moved you will share this blog with others, and perhaps buy my books.

Whatever the result, thank you for viewing this blog. I cannot express how greatly I appreciate the many people, from many places upon the earth, who have visited.

I bid you peace.

Je ne regrette pas la douleur, car il m'a fait plus forte

copyright notice

copyright notice

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Thor's Raiders



The burning crops
And crows flying
In circles over the fields
The folk running swiftly
Into the forest in fear
Invaders chasing them
Riding hard upon them
Hard upon their heels
Moving quickly enough
To take down the weak
The old and very young
Falling upon the land
The slaughter is begun
The crows keep flying
For they’ve seen this before
The blood harvest continues
And then they seek more
It will never end
It never ends
For the men in armor
Who serve their god Thor
Return every year
Upon their ships
Return to harvest
Our crops, our treasures
Take slaves
And bring death