Welcome


I am a poet who has both been published and self published. All work on this blog is all copyright Alex Ness. While I make very little money from my work I am technically a professional. Measuring by the hours I've written I am professional. My goal is to share my work with as many people that can read it, as far as the internet may reach with it. I hope if you are moved you will share this blog with others, and perhaps buy my books.

Whatever the result, thank you for viewing this blog. I cannot express how greatly I appreciate the many people, from many places upon the earth, who have visited.

I bid you peace.

Je ne regrette pas la douleur, car il m'a fait plus forte

copyright notice

copyright notice

Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Gamble



I don’t know that you love me
Even if you say so,
Almost all the time
You’ve never shown me
It’s not enough
For me to decide
Not enough
To go all in
To take the chips and let it ride
If you love me
Its a gamble
If I lose
I break inside
I don’t know
That you love me
I don’t know
From what you do
All I know
Is that I love you
Its a gamble
That’s the truth
So give me hope somehow
Let me see
Let me take a chance with hope
My chips are down
I’ve a weak hand
I have to say
It looks bad
So let me see
Why I shouldn’t fold
And walk away