Monday, February 14, 2011

To My Beloved

It was a decade of time
Spent without end
No turn of a season
As I looked for you
It was silent
There was not a noise
As I searched
Without seeing
In the winter of my life
Through the long darkness
I walked
Calling out to the emptiness
And I heard you
Found you in the spring
I was redeemed
Melted with you
And Summer approaches
I hear you and believe
The promise of your voice
Is a beautiful sound
Like the sound of rain
In a drought breaking storm
Like a bird singing
To wake the morning
You are so alive
You stir my heart
And make joy
Dance
Inside
When I am with you
There is nothing like time
I can stare at the sun
Never go blind
I can count the stars
Without error
I can see beauty
In others
But can never find
Anything in them
Like in your being
You are fair
In ways men can’t see
You are proof
Of the beauty
Some find in truth
When I see you
Hold you
Kiss your lips
I am willing to stand
Against the tides
That wash others away
Far from the promised lands
Of your shore

“The minute I heard my first love story,
I started looking for you, not knowing
how blind that was.

Lovers don't finally meet somewhere,
they're in each other all along.”

Rumi

(Dedicated)