Sunday, July 24, 2011

What if I matter



What if I matter
What if my voice speaks truth
I might be silenced
Might be forced into a darkness
Stuffed into a room
With methods of death
You may kill me
Silence me
Prevent me from speaking
You might seek
To make me sleep forever
Instead of speak
About things that matter
You might dream that I am a liar
That I am insane
You might put me in chains
Leave me to be devoured
Consumed
But I remain
Truth can be ignored
Words can be drown in noise
But the truth cannot be tamed
It exists
Apart from your acceptance
Or your acquiescence to it
Whether you hear it
The words are true
And how you respond
Is your nexus
Between your fate
And your end

“Perhaps a lunatic was simply a minority of one.”

George Orwell (English Novelist and Essayist, 1903-1950)

“Insanity in individuals is something rare, but in groups, parties,
nations and epochs it is the rule”

Friedrich Nietzsche (German classical Scholar, Philosopher
and Critic of culture, 1844-1900)