Monday, June 18, 2018

The Fool's Parade

No that wasn't me
You could never see
I drank it down
Far too soon
I wasn't in costume
It was no epic play
I walked in the parade
To the end of the day
It was no charade
No masquerade
I meant to end it
Like no one else
Had ever ended it
I've never had top shelf
Hell I've never had coach
Let alone
So I wanted to walk to the place
No one else could see
As I broke down
Crying
Anywhere but home
Anywhere but here
My ideas aren't clear any more
About dying
I can't tell the future
Nor will I obfuscate
I pay no attention to the words
By those who forbade
To those who doom my flesh
To a place of endless shame
And I refuse to breath
A final breath
To please you
To hide
To go away
Far far far
Away
Ever again
I will remain
Until this fucking movie is done
Until eternity is begun