Thursday, June 7, 2018

FORGE: A personal statement about death and life














They ask
Always this talk of death
Why can't you just accept
That life is a known
And death could lead to hell
Or nothingness
Right?
Right?
I'd take oblivion
Even know if I were to be banished
To the darkest corners
Of Hell
I'd do so knowing
I did my best
And if I failed
It wasn't meant to be
Because I am comfortable with the thought
Lives are only wrought
And some don't have the same gifts
And talents to forge
I wrote from my soul
I gave from my heart
I offered my being
And that is all
There is nothing else to do
But wait til the maker
Says I am through
I can live with that
But not for too long
I just want finality
I want nothing more
To go so very wrong
And persistence?
It works both ways
Every single moment spent fighting the inevitable
Is a persistent effort
That wears our soul hollow
So accept what it is
Move and remember
Death at birth is begun
However slowly
Regret nothing
But do not hate the inevitable end
For there is nothing you can do
To slow it
Should it desire to come

“Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force but through persistence.” Ovid