Friday, June 8, 2018

Wounds that Bleed

Evey moment passed is a mockery
Of the concept of time healing wounds
My mind is breaking in so many ways
Life grinds every person like metal in a factory
Some survive but few, and hope eludes
And the best of us fail, and no one gets to stay
So I try to recover
I try to restore my dreams
But despite forgiveness
Repentance and regret smother
And nothing happens but sleep
I fight the bitterness
But I live a life forsaken
By the fact that all of my future
By adulthood was erased
So I try
But it is hard
And this dance to be seen as something
When God knows I am neutered
By the wounds that bleed
Even still
Inside











“The human race tends to remember the abuses to which it has been subjected rather than the endearments. What's left of kisses? Wounds, however, leave scars.”
― Bertolt Brecht