Welcome


I am a poet who has both been published and self published. All work on this blog is all copyright Alex Ness. While I make very little money from my work I am technically a professional. Measuring by the hours I've written I am professional. My goal is to share my work with as many people that can read it, as far as the internet may reach with it. I hope if you are moved you will share this blog with others, and perhaps buy my books.

Whatever the result, thank you for viewing this blog. I cannot express how greatly I appreciate the many people, from many places upon the earth, who have visited.

I bid you peace.

Je ne regrette pas la douleur, car il m'a fait plus forte

copyright notice

copyright notice

Sunday, December 11, 2016

Slave

All my waking life
And my pathetic awareness
Of simply being
I was passion's slave
A victim of my own hand
And desires unnatural
Causing inner strife
And unchained demons
Unleashed from the prison
I run as if I damned
Because I know how they tempt
And that no one will save
Me
I don't recognize reason
As your beauty commands
Me to come
Serve at your feet
Kiss your ring
Desire your touch
But I linger in the thought
Because
I hold you in contempt
I know I can't resist
Your desire to make me bend
Forever in misery
Condemn me to history
And I remain
Just your slave
And I hate
That I have no say
In my destruction
And decay