Saturday, May 21, 2016

With no hope

My soul has been crushed
But have yet to be slain
Amidst a deep depression
I refuse to be swallowed
Into the deep
I have suffered in the darkness
Linger in contemplation
Living in the torment
Suffering the possibility
Of experiencing damnation
If I choose to end my punishment
Life is a prison
And fear is the sentence
Despite life's punishment
I refuse to surrender
I resist the temptation
To give in to oblivion
But my memories are torture
My brain is dismembered
I sorrow the echoes of the pit
Where others have fallen
And I grieve the loss
Of knowing the difference
Between the darkness
And the abyss
Where perspective frees me
From the fear
I AM ALIVE
I am forgiven
So I have truth
But the liar
Torments my soul
With fear
And accusations
Of my worthlessness



“A man devoid of hope and conscious of being so has ceased to belong to the future.”Albert Camus

“Life could do nothing for her, beyond giving time for a better preparation for death.”  Jane Austen