Monday, April 27, 2015

Sacrificial dreams














Beginning my journey
My way was so hard
And my path so difficult to see
I sought the truth
While I walked the path
I grew exhausted
And my flesh
Was so very weak
The burning fires
The sacrifices
The wooden pyres
All the rising smoke
From burnt dreams
Lost futures and fools
Like me who never see
I spent my life living upon hope
Falling into a pit of despair
Because I knew
A certain kind of the truth
But not another and hope is a liar
I knew there was nothing here
Temporal, in the present world
That I should expect
Nothing was ever promised
But to be born, and to live
And to die
Eventually my proof
In the moment of truth
I would choke
Push back the bitter tears
Of those broken dreams
That never lived
I shall surely die

My flesh is weak
Truth is hope too
This life is far too short for some
For others, far too long
But the promise of forever is strong
My spirit is eternal
And I have that for the beyond

















“Whatever you do, make it an offering to me -- the food you eat, the sacrifices you make, the help you give, even your suffering.”  Bhagavad Gita

"The tyrant dies and his rule is over; the martyr dies and his rule begins."   Søren Kierkegaard