Wednesday, April 8, 2015

False King upon an Empty Throne

I might be a king
Of all I survey
I have nothing
However
To rule
I have
No land
No power
No castle
No people
I am alone
In my room
Knowing this
Means
The joke is upon me
I might as well
Be dead
Because
I can never
Accept what was done
What was said
Deeper and darker
Than any ocean depths
My soul cannot escape
The complete absence
Of light in the eyes
Which mirror
The soul
An empty hole
Vapid and sucking down
When I sit
High above it all
I look out
Over my false kingdom
And know my throne
My world
Are empty
My crown is a lobotomy
Ice picks for my eyes
And I've learned to despise
Every moment
Of breathing
I rule over nothing
I wear a crown
To symbolize
My greatness
And I am a fool
A idiot
A beggar
To ever have thought
I mattered
When just one
Ever did