Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Colorblind Colorful World













The modern world in which I live
Has many choices that are false
It emphasizes the outside look
While ignoring the being inside
Adoring the flower,
Ignoring the root
I am more than my flesh
You are more
Than what I can see
We are excited by the storm
While hating the destruction
We are confused
My skin color is a blank slate
I can color it with sun burns
With ink or paint
And it means not one thing
My soul remains
The same color
As every other
Because the one
Who made me
Chose to do things
That way
Such a diverse array
Of choices
To broaden my thoughts
To color my heart
With love
To strengthen my soul
With dreams
That are colorblind
I praise my maker
I praise the one
Who saw every color
And made us to see
That the soul inside
Is colorblind
When he brings justice
And when he redeems