Welcome


I am a poet who has both been published and self published. All work on this blog is all copyright Alex Ness. While I make very little money from my work I am technically a professional. Measuring by the hours I've written I am professional. My goal is to share my work with as many people that can read it, as far as the internet may reach with it. I hope if you are moved you will share this blog with others, and perhaps buy my books.

Whatever the result, thank you for viewing this blog. I cannot express how greatly I appreciate the many people, from many places upon the earth, who have visited.

I bid you peace.

Je ne regrette pas la douleur, car il m'a fait plus forte

copyright notice

copyright notice

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Break my Chains, Lord I Sing

As a child I never
Ever had an issue
Believing
The sorrows of life
Then
Tore from me
Wounded me
Stole from me
The joys of my salvation
I went through grieving
I remember then
But now
I believe without guile
Allow my heart
To sup upon joy
I enter this den
Of the dreams so wild
Untamed freedoms start
A man returns to boy
You free my spirit
You free my being
I sing to heaven
Can't you hear it
I am free again
Just as before
Oh my heart is beating
It keeps repeating
The song that never ends
I praise you
For
You
Saved
Me