Welcome


I am a poet who has both been published and self published. All work on this blog is all copyright Alex Ness. While I make very little money from my work I am technically a professional. Measuring by the hours I've written I am professional. My goal is to share my work with as many people that can read it, as far as the internet may reach with it. I hope if you are moved you will share this blog with others, and perhaps buy my books.

Whatever the result, thank you for viewing this blog. I cannot express how greatly I appreciate the many people, from many places upon the earth, who have visited.

I bid you peace.

Je ne regrette pas la douleur, car il m'a fait plus forte

copyright notice

copyright notice

Sunday, July 27, 2014

I can't even say her name

She hurt me so much
The mere mention of her name
Causes me pain
And then it ends
Before it has begun
However
I draw a breath
Close my eyes
To avoid the tears
That are going to come
When I think of what she has done
To my heart
To my hopes
To my dreams
I burn in shame
Left behind in this world
Covered in its shit
Again
I can't even say it
Her name causes me to shudder
If she were just a girl
Coming into my life
I'd have been prepared
But it was more
And now I cannot speak
Without the burning
Without the rain
Pouring down
Upon me
Again