Saturday, July 12, 2014

Grinding




Stuck firmly in the muck
Held fast in the mire
I am nearly bound
Naked and senseless
Je dois persévérer
There was no ego to shatter
For I learned
Long ago
That my destiny
Was to be ground into bits
Crushed into atoms
Existence takes its toll
Awaiting Judgment day
Je dois persévérer
For those who serve
Called to be truthful 
Amongst only liars
Alone in the world I was lost
They devoured me
Swallowed me whole
Just me
Amongst my enemies
Je prends de la chute
I walked into the fire
To serve is my only desire
So weary from my wounds
So tired
My path so narrow
I cannot follow
I have nothing left
To offer
But my being
And my being is true
Grand roi, mon créateur, je désire vous
My shadow is thin
My soul is hollow
But I still serve
My sword is still upraised
I await the king of all things
And quietly I pray
I long to be
Worthy
But in the end
Should I be
Just a gear
In the machine
I have done what was asked
Fulfilled my task
And that is worthy
For me