Wednesday, September 7, 2011

An Invite



I am waiting
For forever
So come in
Welcome to my world
Welcome to a place
Where so few find life
Worthy of keeping
Come Lord Death
Let us sit a while
Together here
I would like to speak
Because
I have no love of you
Of what you offer
But rather
I am tired of this existence
Of the pain and suffering
I see
I embrace your hand
Kiss your lips
And take dying from you
For it is nothing
If it is not feared
It is joy
To slip free
From the years
That anchor me
To this place
For so long
For so long
I beg only one indulgence
Without tears
For you to stand and watch
As I dance upon your grave
And finally see
A life that was saved
When given back
When I stopped worrying
About the end



“When death, the great reconciler, has come, it is never our tenderness that we repent of, but our severity.” T.S. Eliot