Welcome


I am a poet who has both been published and self published. All work on this blog is all copyright Alex Ness. While I make very little money from my work I am technically a professional. Measuring by the hours I've written I am professional. My goal is to share my work with as many people that can read it, as far as the internet may reach with it. I hope if you are moved you will share this blog with others, and perhaps buy my books.

Whatever the result, thank you for viewing this blog. I cannot express how greatly I appreciate the many people, from many places upon the earth, who have visited.

I bid you peace.

Je ne regrette pas la douleur, car il m'a fait plus forte

copyright notice

copyright notice

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Wordless Despair




say not a word
make no sound
be still in this moment
affections unheard
bleed upon the ground
and give birth to torment
we are allowed to live
at the mercy of
existence
we are too proud to give
an ounce of hope
resistance
let our world be born
let our hope
be scorned

let the blessings
be poured

upon the ground
through hands
more like a sieve
twisted whispers
aimed at deaf ears
begged for hope
begged to be forgiven
doesn’t matter at all
the way isn’t clear
existence is all
we’ve been given
destiny and fate are lies
we look to stars
and the new sun arisen
but they offer nothing
but of the constant
we need hope but
it is distant
far from the horizon
there is no warmth
from the light
of such a distant sun
born every day
to this dark planet
huddled in fright
chains of sin
worn like a cloak
covering me
weighing me down
words of prayer
from my throat
choked out bitterly
for some hope
hope to escape
this eternal night