Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Princess of the Lilies



You are nobility in your domain
The Princess of the waters
But I do not know your name
It matters not
Your eyes are lamps to my darkness
Your skin so soft I long to caress
Your voice alone brings me chills
Like a perfect church bell rings
Along with the beauty is purity
To see your form and my tears spill
So perfect angels sing
Like the water and pads
By the lilies
Unbelievably pristine
Let me sit by the water’s edge
Let me lay down in the rushes
Near to where you rise
From the water
From the still cool water
And watch you
Just watch
As you sing
The world into being
As you glory in God’s garden
And hear your voice
That moves me so
Leaves me unguarded
Open to joy
And hopeful
Fills my heart so hollow
Let me watch you
As you sing
For you make me smile
Despite my sorrow