Sunday, November 11, 2018

So holy this place, this secret place

Amidst the lamps burning oil
The braziers lifting incense scents
Luxurious carpets and bedding of silk
I am within her holy of holies
And there is nothing I can say
To describe how it moves me

After a life of toil
Miserable endless torment
I enter a secret place without guilt
Her form covered in petals and roses
This is worth all that I've prayed
My memories escape, my tears flee

In her secret place I am loved
In my secret place I am redeemed
In this wonder palace I taste the heavens
And all the while I know, this is no dream

I spent my life blood in the quest
To save my land, by command and word
 My flesh was wounded, I faced a test
And for my king I was his shield
And his sword

Now in this heavenly place I can cry
Tears of joy for my sacrifice
I was not longing to die
But my hopes could not be disguised

I found heaven in her arms
My flesh was weary
And my soul so weak
With her I heal from the harm
She removes the burden of all I carry
And she is the one I seek

My flesh will some day die
But my spirit will indeed live
She heals my pain
Allowing me to be forgiven