Thursday, November 16, 2017

Nowhere to run

Every time I remember
The scent in the air
Left by your walking near
The year long December
Cold and unfair
When you were here

Taking everything I had
Wanting more
Taking that too
And I surrendered
To your needs

Every time I see the darkness
Smothering every light
A Cloak of evil upon you
I was fallen and my hands were artless
I knew you wanted a final fight
But you refused to hear the truth

You took everything
You screamed for more
You broke into my dreams
Slaughtered me there
And left my corpse upon the floor

What is left
Of my heart's hope
I was cursed not blessed
I was crushed
Looking at the approaching crash
Of this precious globe

I can't sleep at night
I have nothing to dream
I have nowhere to run
Not even in my sleep

You are no longer human
I know you will devour me