Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Like Jacob who wrestled an angel

And now
Even chained
I cannot be tamed
Woe them who try
I had to wrestle free
My spirit
Simply to be born
Then had to fight a demon
Who was sent to destroy
All I was and could ever be
But I was born
From a woman
Who herself was born wild
She had a soul
Fully brave
Raised in battle
Purified by fire
She ran the gauntlet
And shared that heart
With her child
Despite my being torn
From her arms
By circumstance
And I was cast
Into the wilderness
Untamed I only knew how to resist
I sought only to fight
And never tire
I longed to capture and slay
Each and all of my prey
Who walk the path
Who choose to defy the law
Who seek to harm my kin
Who invites my wrath
And now though chained
My heart is ever free
And they will quake
When I am released
For they have sold themselves
By their own hands
To me