Wednesday, November 1, 2017

My Sword Offered

Across the water
I was knighted
For my service
To a King
But he was not just
And I ended my service
For I could not trust
His hold upon power
So now
After travel of many hours 
Far across the sea to be here
My code of honor requires 
This offer of my sword
To you, my King
A just monarch seated high
Upon a righteously owned
Throne of gold
I have almost nothing to offer
Even less to say
What I do have
I give freely
My offer is
Bones
Flesh
Steel
And every drop 
Of this blood
Please know
Mon coeur est vrai
My heart is true
As a child I was told to hush
Never being aware
They were uncomfortable with truth
It was thought to be disruptive
Rather than enlightened
So please know
Your way
Is my way
You are my king
I promise never to betray
Never to become exhausted
In my fidelity
I promise my body
My mind
My heart
To your quest
And forever to your trust
In you I am blessed
This heart of steel 
Will never rust