Thursday, November 2, 2017

Before I give up, I need to say

When I kiss you goodnight
I close my eyes
Never knowing
What dreams might happen
I might be able to fly
Because of you
My heart dances
From the thought of seeing you again
Should you know what I mean
Please say so
I melt from your touch
Am I dreaming
I love you far too much
To stop
Please don't judge
But
You are my greatest dream
My highest hope
My burning stirring within
I miss you when you aren't here
Even for a moment
I worry and I know
I should learn to trust in good things
Happening
So
It isn't that easy
If you know where I've been
But then
You are the reason
I hope to escape
From this prison
Of myself
My life
Hasn't seen much hope
Until now
So if I kiss you
Upon your soft neck
Upon the nape
Of that glorious span of flesh
Know it isn't lust but the deepest affection
That a man who has been in the desert
For a lifetime
So far
Can offer