Monday, September 18, 2017

Gaze into my soul

Look into my eyes
Gaze into the soul
Look beyond the lies
We all share
Look at me in whole
Where there is no disguise
I am nude to you
Even fully clothed
Your being is why
I try to be more
You are who allows me to be
Someone who is healed
A survivor of the wars
And someone who is redeemed
You are my queen
And I serve with fidelity
I live for the honor
To be yours without any shame
I long for you to bear my name
Please, gaze into my soul
For I want just to know
That you see who I am
My lips will extol
The one who makes me able
To see the future
When I look into your eyes
I see my family
My heart alive
And nothing but hope
Assured 



"Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to 
make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap 
it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it 
up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness."  C.S. Lewis