Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Unwritten futures



Life is not easy
It drives the sane to despair
But the power of fear
The tragedy of hate
Cannot overcome
One who brings faith to bear
I am a walker
In the waste lands
I have left my home country
To see the damage anger has done
This world has fallen into ruin
Her children are diseased and hungry
And as I look over the scene I know
A new path must be run
We are scared
Because the presumed future
Is gone
With little to hope for
But there is more life to live
To find new lands
We must leave the shore
It is time
To hear the call
Now is the appointed hour
We have nothing to lose
By losing it all
Stand up
Dead man arise
It is now
It is now
We are here
And still alive
The future remains unwritten
Unpromised yes
Do not hide your eyes
Do not fear the unknown
It is never too late
The future awaits
Unwritten and open
We can find victory
And triumph over fate