Saturday, September 9, 2017

Where are you?

My King I have been walking
Across this entire planet
Knowing you are gone
Where are you my beloved
Where are you my soul
Loving you was my only passion
Serving you my only goal
I spent my life waiting for the time
When I could bow before your throne
Rest my body
Lay my head in your arms
Rest my flesh, relax the bones
Comforted by your presence
But you left
I never saw it happen
Where are you my King
I have to return to my path
You are my only quest
Give my only treasure
10 talents of silver
Even more of gold
To see you for a glimpse
To know you are with me
I miss you more
Than I ever wished to live
All of my treasures
Forbid myself of pleasures
Divest myself of things
There is nothing
That I want more
But to be before you
To honor your crown
The crown of the forever King